Monday, June 18, 2007

Did you know?

Beauty tips

Did you know as blusher is a powder it can dry out your cheeks (skin), use pale lipstick instead and just blend it. Normal lipstick has a moisturizer in it, helps to prevent the skin from drying out. Regards Rita
Use mascara for your eyebrows and just paint the hairs. If you make a mistake, let the mascara dry, before you brush the excess off with a clean dry mascara brush. I keep an old mascara brush for this, which i frequently wash and dry.

Around the bath

Bath sealants are fine, but how long will they stay white? Try painting the sealant with a small brush all around the bath with brilliant white gloss paint. It will stay white for years and is easier to clean.

Bathroom and kitchen tiles

Did you know, why you should not chose white tiles? Because the white grouting will get dull and yellowish with age making your white tiles look grotty. Chose cream or coloured tiles that won't show up your grouting, unless you want to replace the grouting every year or are a sucker for punishment.

Love

Did you know, that men fall in love more easily than women? If a man sais at the first date he loves you, the woman's inclination is to run away because she won't believe it. It becomes embarrassing when he keeps telling her as she may not YET love him, but he expects her to say I love you too and some women feeling awkward will sheepishly say it, just to please him. So guys, hold back a little.

Scratched car

I scraped my car all down the side in an underground car park on one of these stone pillars. Not nice. Bad judgement. When I got home I viewed the damage. At first glance the whole side was affected the rubber trim and paintwork, oh my god. I took some cooking oil and some elbow grease and low and behold most of it came off. Only about a 6cm in diameter deep, right down to the metal scratch was left. Well my car is red so I rummaged round for some red nail varnish and found just the right shade. I gave it two coats and you know what? If you did not know it was there you'd never see it. I reckon it also protects it from rust. While I was at it I also oiled all the black trimmings - looks like new.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button


Joke: Cell Phone
Joke: Technical Support
Joke: Ball replacement!

No comments: