Saturday, June 9, 2007

Dyed cats

Dyed cats

LITTLE PICTURES TO SHARE


I hope you don't mind but my friend scanned these pictures from your lovely book and sent them to me by email. He had to show me what he was talking about to help explain the idea of painting on cats. When I saw them I was so delighted I rushed out and bought the book. I love it so much I thought perhaps you could put these pictures up on your site for others to see. Is there going to be book 2 please!

PEOPLE JUST LOVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

I absolutely loved your book! When I initially came across it while browsing through my local bookstore, I assumed that the pictures were 'painted' until I read further. I was astounded at the intricate details that these artists were able to apply on fur! I am an avid animal lover and have been since I was old enough to cuddle up with something furry. I find that different animals even different specimens within a given species all tend to have their own personalities. I could see some cats loving this ritual and others loathing it. I think the ethics of feline aesthetics is plainly obvious, "Don't paint the cat if (s)he doesn't want you to". While many cats tend to feign injury, I've never known one to be polite enough to not tell you when they've had enough of whatever it might be. I read some of the responses on this page and finally just had to stop. I found myself calling my computer screen a moron and or an idiot on several occasions. I simply could not believe what some of the people had to say, they often wound up contradicting their own 'points' before they were finished ranting. I know one person went on and on about toxic substances and liver failure. That seemed, well, just flat out stupid. Considering the fact that throughout the book it tells you what was used to paint/dye each cat. If (non-toxic) was not specified it was because vegitable dye was being used. So... when I (or my cats) pass away from liver failure do to lightening my hair or dabbing some food coloring on their heads... I'll make sure that my executor lets you know! The angry responses on this page serve as proof that people usually stop using rational sense once they become offended. It appeared to me that most of those people hadn't actually read the book, but instead saw a picture and immediatley decided to go P.E.T.A. on everyone involved. Granted, I truly feel that animals deserve respect and kind treatment... but just as the cat can't look up at you and say, "Hey, buddy you're ticking me off!", it also can't tell you how stupid you sound when you're saying, "Oozie BooBoo Kitty Kitty Froo Froo!" But a cat can and will make it's anger or aggrivation known by it's tone and meow, posture, and if neccessary it's claws and teeth long before it starts rolling around holding it's sides and laughing at us.
Why Paint Cats




AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button




Painted Cats
Dyed Cats
Why Paint Cats



Animals:Panda Dog
Animals:Xing my dog

No comments: